Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little Women Wrap Up!

I mentioned in my previous blog that Little Women closed on Saturday, but I didn't go into more detail about the show itself. I had SUCH A BLAST doing that show! I didn't do a lot onstage, I was only in 4 scenes and had 1 song. But my part was memorable...as is usually the case with "character cameos". Aunt March basically blusters on, destroys Jo's hopes and dreams, and then blusters off. It's great fun! She's so deliciously evil at times. Behold the pictures that prove it:





And the picture that just makes me giggle:

My hair isn't gray in that picture, because it was taken at the pick-up rehearsal. I didn't feel like washing my hair when I got home that night, because I had to go to work the next morning.

I am so glad that I able to do this show. It's one of my very favorites! I always love the book, and the musical is just divine! The music is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would LOVE to do it again!! I want to do it again soon with an older cast so that I can play Beth, and then I want to do it when I'm older so that I can play Marmee! Heck, I'd play Aunt March again! She's fun! It's such a fantastic show! I'm desperately in love with it! Sometimes I'll love a show until I do a production of it and then I'm sick of it...but not this time! I still love this show and I will forever and ever!!!!! It makes me sad that it didn't last longer on Broadway, but at the same time, I'm glad that the rights are available now so that I could do this amazing, ASTONISHING show! :)

No comments: