Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I sure did! It's one of my favorite holidays, mainly because I love dressing up in costumes! The candy isn't so bad either. :)

As usual, I had more than one costume. I was a pirate at work, because it was easy to deal with in the office. Here's a picture:



However, my main costume was this:



I told everyone that I was going to be Jane Austen, but then I got my hair finished, and I decided that I looked exactly like Elizabeth Bennet in the BBC miniseries of Pride and Prejudice. So, that's who I was!!!! Here's a close up of the hairdo:



I love picking costumes that either need to be explained, are characters from musicals (or literature) or just get the reaction: "BWA HA HA HA!!!!!" This costume only needed a little explaining this year, but kudos to Corey Pratt for guessing without me telling him who I was! Most reactions were "And who are you supposed to be?"

And a HUGE THANKS goes out to Robin for making the dress for me!!! I cut it out, but she did all the sewing!!! It turned out GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Princess Jami said...

ARRRR, my lady. :-)

I <3 your Jane Austeny dress, and I got it. We should have a Jane Austen night, sometime.