Friday, November 28, 2008

The Hair Saga

So, many people have to privy to my griping about my hair this year. (And I apologize.) I have been complaining all year that I wanted to cut it! Anything longer than chin length is LONG to me, and we were way past chin length this year!

So, here is the year of Angela's hair in pictures:

This first one was taken in November of 2007:


This was the first time I dyed it red, too. Yay!

Okay, so by March it was long enough to pull up partially. I dyed it brown again for "Savior of the World", but it was just past chin length. Well, Fiddler came up right after that. I didn't decide to clip the braid on until Tech Week, but I could get a fairly decent pony tail by then. Here's a picture from mid-May, after I had taken it out of pin curls:


It's starting to attack!!!!!!!!!

Here's a picture from Fiddler:


I think we took this closing weekend, or close to it. So, we were too my shoulders by the end of July.

Well, I went into rehearsals for "The Miracle Worker" before Fiddler closed. That show takes place in the 1880s, so I knew I was going to need big hair...and I was right. I would curl it, tease it, pin it down, and then put a hair piece on top of it! Imagine what it looked like when I pulled the bobby pins out. Oh, wait...you don't have to. Behold:


YIKES!! When thick hair attacks....

Here's a picture from the show that really shows off what my hair looked like done:



Okay, so after The Miracle Worker came Little Women. Being Aunt March, I knew I'd have to have big hair. But I didn't know what my wig would be like. So I got my hair only trimmed and I waited. When we got the wig figured out, it ended up that I used my own hair in the front, teased up and blended with the wig. I needed something in the back for the wig to hang on to (the bobby pins...not the wig...). So no hair cut. Besides that, I needed long hair to pull off my hair style for my Elizabeth Bennet costume on Halloween.

So, by this point, my hair is past my shoulders (well, the longest layer was.) It's so hard to deal with! I clings to my neck when I leave it down. It's no fun to pull it up all the time. When I leave it down, I have the tendency to drop the phone at work. It takes FOREVER to dry!!! So, we make it through Little Women, and my hair looked awesome in the show!



So, I didn't get cast in the next show that I auditioned for, so I'm on a break now for awhile. My next audition isn't until January. So..........here's what I did today:

I took these two pictures first:


Ack! My hair is attacking me!!!!

And then....I GOT MY HAIR CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the best pictures yet (I got my official Headshot taken this afternoon), but here are a couple I took myself:




YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who have endured my whining about long hair this year, you totally understand why I am so excited! My hair is completely off my neck now! My neck can breathe!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I kind of look like Alice Cullen. Not what I was exactly going for, but she's my favorite Cullen, so it works out! :)

1 comment:

Veronica and Ryan said...

Cute hair Angela, I love it. It is spunky yet a little conservative, just like you.