Thursday, December 24, 2009

12 Absurd Days of Christmas - Wrap Up

I hope that you have enjoyed the 12 Absurd Days of Christmas!  I had a lot of fun putting it together.  In case you were wondering who was responsible for all of that, I'll tell you:

Pirate on the Train - Emily, Rebekah, & Shauna
Reindeer Girls - the picture of me is from my school Christmas program in Kindergarten.  The other picture is Emily at age 9 1/2 months.  I put the reindeer ears on her.
Candle Volcano - gravity is responsible for that one
Santa in the high chair - I think it was me
Santa hats on the ceiling fan - I did it the first time, and it has become a tradition!  It's very handy when we need to use the hats for caroling or whatever.  We always know where they are!
Poinsettias everywhere - either Mom or Dad
Santas by the kitchen table - Dad (but we made him move most of them.  It was creepy being watched by that many Santas!)
Leaning Christmas Tree - old age
Band on the roof - me
Angels - me, of course!!
West Side Story Nativity - Mom (it was rearranged shortly after, but I was very quick with the camera!)
Neal Attacks! - I think Neal said he wanted to do it, and I suggested staging the picture.

The one picture I was not able to find was Neal as Baby Jesus' bodyguard.  That was from Christmas 1992, when we were in Idaho.  Neal was 4 and was fascinated with a toy rifle of Jesse's.  When we did the Nativity Scene, Neal was dressed as a shepherd but didn't want to give up the rifle.  So we called him Baby Jesus' bodyguard!  I wish I could find the picture!  It's priceless!!  If I ever do, I'll use it as a Flashback Friday or Wordless Wednesday.

Oh, and here is Honorable Mention:


When Shepherds Attack!
(I did this to our Advent Calendar last week, after I had scheduled all of the 12 Days blogs.)

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR, TOO!

1 comment:

Veronica and Ryan said...

My favorite is still Santa in the highchair.