Saturday, December 26, 2009

Belated Golden Globe Nominations Reactions

So, I wanted to blog this immediately when I saw the nominations, but I didn't want to break up the 12 Absurd Days of Christmas.  So I decided not to blog it at all.  But then I figured, better late than never!  So...here are a few of my reactions to the Golden Globe nominations:

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
YAY FOR EMILY BLUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That movie is seriously AMAZING!  (The Young Victoria)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
It should go to Julie & Julia.  That movie is WONDERFUL!!!  I saw (500) Days of Summer today.  It's good, but a little weird.


Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
MERYL STREEP!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, she's competing against herself in this category, and she should win for Julie & Julia.  She was a wonderful Julia Child.  Heck, she WAS Julia Child!!

Best Animated Feature Film
I've seen 3 of the 5.  I think Up should win.  Or The Princess and the Frog.  Or both.

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Why are none of the songs from The Princess and the Frog nominated?  TRAVESTY!!!

Various TV Nominations
Congrats to Glee for 4 nominations!
Yay for Michael Emerson getting nominated for LOST
When is Bones going to get some recognition?  Seriously...it's one of the best shows on television!!!
I'm very glad that Anna Paquin is getting some notice for her role in The Courageous Heart of Irene Sendler.  that was a great movie!!

Looking forward to January 17th!  Awards season is nigh at hand!  This makes me very happy!!

No comments: