Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Letters of Yore Part 3

Here's the rest of my old Christmas Letters:

~2004~

Christmas 2004
   
Dear Friends,
    Is time speeding up?  It seems like this year just flew right by!!  Didn’t I just write my year-in-review for 2003?  Seems like I did.  Oh, well!  This is has been quite the eventful year 2004, so sit back, put up your feet and get ready to read about my roller coaster of a year!
    February 6th was supposed to be a WONDERFUL day!  I had tickets to the Josh Groban concert that night!!  Well, that day will now live in infamy as the day I lost my job.  Yes, that’s right....I got fired.  I worked at the bank for 2½ years, and then POOF!  It was over.  I’d been very unhappy there for quite awhile, but hadn’t had the guts to quit because I needed the money.  So they saved me the trouble.  And boy, was I happy to be out of there!  It was quite a relief, actually!  I had a lovely 6 week vacation before landing my next job.  I am now employed at Falcon Properties Inc. here in Loveland.  We manage rental properties and Homeowners Associations, and I’m the receptionist and assistant to the HOA office.  I got the job because I worked with the owner’s wife at the bank.  It’s all in who you know!!!  I’m very happy there, and glad to be out of banking! (Oh...the Josh Groban concert was WONDERFUL, by the way!)
    This was a banner year for me in the theatre.  And by “banner”, I mean busy!  I returned to the Jesters Dinner Theater after a 3 year absence to play the role of Rose in “The Secret Garden”.  It was quite the juicy role.  She’s Mary’s mother and not a very nice person!  It was fun!  The Monday after we closed that show, rehearsals began for Front Range Music Theatre’s summer production of “Brigadoon”.  I had the role of Kate.  I had the incredible opportunity to perform with an Equity actress, Gina Schuh-Turner, who played Fiona.  I sang in “Waitin’ for my Dearie” with her, which was an absolute THRILL!!!  I also played Meg’s drunk father in “My Mother’s Weddin’ Day”, which meant dressing up in a kilt and staggering around the stage.  Now THAT was fun!!!  After doing two shows right in a row, I was TIRED!!!  I’m still on a theatre break, but I’m eager to do another show after the first of the year.
    I had quite the experience in May.  We took a church trip to Martin’s Cove in Wyoming and did a 4-day handcart trek.  Martin’s Cove is where the Martin and Willie Handcart Companies were rescued in the show in the 1856.  It’s right by Devil’s Gate, about an hour and half north of Rawlins. There’s a visitors center there, and most people come up there and push the handcarts around a little and then leave.  Not us!  We were dropped off by the busses and the only vehicles we had were a van and an SUV....and there were about 80 of us.  We pushed and pulled those handcarts about 26 miles over the next four days.  Now, let me just say something about early May in central Wyoming.  It’s not really Spring yet.  We had all four seasons in four days.  Yes, that’s right....it snowed.  We got the FULL pioneer experience.  It was worthwhile, but not something I’d really care to do again!
    My other big event of the year was having someone drive down my street one night and hit my car.  They didn’t bother to stop, so I have no idea who did this.  The damage was mostly to the driver’s side door, and the insurance company ended up totaling it.  I was without a car for almost month and then purchased a 1999 Saturn from my cousin David.  It was hard to say farewell to Rosie, as I’d driven that car for almost 5 years.  But Fred (short for Winnifred) is a nice car.
    We have some big things in the works for 2005, namely the first grandchild due in March!  I’m going to be an aunt!!!!!  Craig and Robin don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, but they have offered to find out for anyone willing to pay for the ultrasound.  So far, we’ve agreed that we’ll just be surprised!
    I hope you have had a great year and will have a prosperous 2005! 
                                                                                              Love, Angela 

~2005~

Well, Christmastime is here yet again!  Time really does fly!  This has been a year of ups and downs for me.  More ups, then downs, thankfully.  Get ready for my year in review:

The biggest news of the year is the arrival of my ADORABLE niece, Emily Marie Johnson.  She was born March 11, 2005 (2 days after my birthday!).  She weighed 6 lbs, 14 oz.  She is just the sweetest little baby!  I absolutely LOVE being an aunt!  I spoil that kid so much!  She’s definitely a Johnson.  In other words, she’s a little drama queen.  It’s so funny!  The highlight for me came a few weeks ago, when she recognized me over the phone and grinned!!!  Yes!!!!!!

Just five weeks after Emily was born, my Grandma Johnson passed away.  She’d had many strokes over the past couple of years.  The final stroke affected her right side (the others had taken her left), and it was only a matter of time after that.  I am so thankful that I was able to go to visit her one last time in March.  All of my cousins except for 3 were there, so we had a great family reunion.   Grandma is with Grandpa now (he died in December 1995) and we’re very glad she’s not suffering anymore.

It was an interesting year, theatrically, for me.  This year’s big Front Range Music Theatre summer musical was Peter Pan.  I auditioned in April, but was not cast in the show.  They kept the cast small and there was a TON of dancing. Since I am the first to admit that I am a horrible dancer, I was okay with that.  (Especially after I saw the dancing in rehearsal a few months later!)  Not 5 minutes after I got the call that I wasn’t in the show, I e-mailed the director and asked if I could run the spotlight for Tinkerbell.  That is how I got into the show.  It was a ton of fun to be a techie again, although I’m ready to go back on stage where it’s less stressful.  I got to operate a laser beam that was Tinkerbell on stage.  It was harder than I thought it would be, but fun nonetheless.  Peter Pan was a family affair, too.  My sister Shauna was the Stage Manager, and my brothers Craig and Neal were on the set and flying crew.  We had a blast, and look forward to next year’s production, Anything Goes.

Other stuff for the year:
--I’m still working at Falcon Properties.  I keep getting more stuff added to my job description.  I’m now, technically, the Receptionist, Office Assistant, HOA Assistant, and HOA Bookkeeper.  I’m busy!!!!!!! 
--I’m also still taking voice lessons.  I competed in NATS this year.  (National Association of Teachers of Singing.)  I took 2nd place in Category 14b Musical Theatre.  That was pretty cool!  I’m also getting involved with the brand new Loveland Opera Theater.
--I now attend the Twin Peaks YSA Branch in Berthoud, which was formed in May.  It’s combined YSAs from the Loveland and Longmont Stakes.  I am currently the Sacrament Meeting Organist, which I love! 

It’s been a full year and I’m looking forward to see what 2006 will bring!

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!!!         
LOVE, ANGELA


Stay tuned for the 2009 Letter, coming SOON!!!!!!

No comments: