Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Letters of Yore

I am currently working on my 2009 Christmas letter.  I noticed that I have some old ones still saved on my computer.  So, I thought I'd share some of them.  They are actually quite funny.  I was so optimistic!  Silly, Angela.  Optimism is SO overrated.  Cynicism is the way to go!

Anyhoo...  Here is Christmas Letter 2001:

A Christmas Letter
 from Angela!

Aren’t you excited?

    Hello, my dear friends!  I just wanted to give you a quick update on my life!  I don’t e-mail quite as much as I used to, so a lot of people don’t know what’s going on with me!  So here is your update of my year 2001!
    In February and March, I played the role of Florinda, Cinderella’s step sister in the Jesters Dinner Theater production of Into the Woods.  I had SO MUCH FUN!!  That is such a great show to do!  Very difficult, but a wonderful challenge!  I was exhausted after the two month run and went into theater hiatus.  Haven’t done a thing since, but I’m just getting started on a new theater project.  I’ll explain that later.
    At the end of May, I lost my job of 9 months at The Music Maker.  The store went out of business.  The store closing was a good thing...trust me.  But being out of a job wasn’t.  I’d only started paying on my student loans the previous November.  I had known for a few months that the end of the store was near, so I was able to plan ahead financially.  (The $2/hour raise they gave me to keep me from quitting didn’t hurt.)  I paid ahead on my loans and saved a lot.  So, I was okay until I finally got a new job at the end of August.  (Ah...what a great summer it was.  Got to be lazy!!!)
    I am currently employed at American Bank here in Loveland.  I’m a full time teller.  It’s been so much fun!  I actually like my job!  Now when has that ever happened?! ☺ I work from 7 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday.  (So occasional, that I’ve worked at the bank for 3 months and never worked a Saturday!)  It’s really great!  The people are nice and it’s a good place to work. 
    So...what’s in store for me during 2002?  Well, for starters...here’s my new theater project.  I’m going to be the Technical Director for Loveland High School’s production of The Sound of Music.   My sister Shauna is the Assistant Director/Stage Manager.  I’m pretty much just  being paid to be at the school on Saturdays during work calls, but I’ll be at rehearsals during the week to offer my assistance.  I know that show like the back of my hand. ☺   The show is going to be really good!  I’m excited!!!!
    Other than the show, my year is pretty much open.  My brother Craig will be coming home from his mission (Austria Vienna Mission) at the end of July.  We’re hoping to take a family trip out to Nauvoo and Missouri at the beginning of August.  That’s still in the planning stages, though. 
    Well, I hope that the year has been kind to you, and that you are having a great Christmas Season.   God bless us, everyone! ☺
                                                                                        Your friend,
                                                                                        Angela

Funny...I liked my job at the bank.  Wow, it SO did not end up like that in the end!

I'll share a few more of these over the next couple of days before I post this year's letter!  ENJOY!!

And remember:  The 12 Absurd Days of Christmas starts on December 13th!  DON'T MISS IT!

No comments: