Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Blog I Never Got to Write

I really wanted to write a blog about the geese that were near my house.  I decided that I would take a picture of them, because you really had to see it to believe it, but once I decided to do that...I never saw them again.

For a couple of weeks, this gaggle of geese would come off Lake Loveland at 18th Street, block traffic on Taft as they crossed the street, and spent some time in the grass on the northwest corner of Taft & 18th.  After awhile, they'd stop traffic again and go back to the lake.  Now, these weren't just your regular Canadian Geese.  These were some white geese, and some of them were really buff looking.  Seriously, it was like the John Casey of geese out there!  And to top it off (this was the funniest thing of all) was the duck that hung out with them.  It was all these geese and this one duck.  He just strutted around with the rest of them.  Sometimes were there 2 ducks, but mostly just this one.  It was like the geese were a gang, and the duck was a little gang-banger wannabe!

But alas...I never got the pictures because the gang moved on.  Therefore...no blog.  Wait...  ☺

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the imagery. Glad you didn't tango with these geese- I wouldn't have been able to read this blog...